[comp.lang.c] PD software

gmat@wuibc.UUCP (Gregory Martin Amaya Tormo) (10/21/88)

indiana.edu>
>what??!  borland is using a public domain archiver to compress
>files in their distribution?!
>
>what is the world coming to?!

	Word Perfect also distributes its 5.0 demo program in archives,
although I forget which version.  Remember, though, that when used for
commercial purposes, almost all shareware and freeware programs become
commercial software.  Ie, Borland and WP pays for its use, and it is up to
SEA or PKware or Zoo to sell their product to Borland as a superior
archiver.  Thats called competition.

		David Deitch, Computer Connection
		dwd0238@wucec3.wustl.bitnet
		Fido 1:100/22

lupin3@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (-=/ Larry Hastings /=-) (10/22/88)

+-In article <315@wuibc.UUCP>, gmat@wuibc.UUCP (Gregory Martin Amaya Tormo) wrote:-
+----------

| >what??!  borland is using a public domain archiver to compress
| >files in their distribution?!
|
| 	Word Perfect also distributes its 5.0 demo program in archives,
| although I forget which version.
|
|David Deitch, Computer Connection dwd0238@wucec3.wustl.bitnet Fido 1:100/22

+----------

  Also, Borland's README.COM is (very obviously) a hacked up version of
Vernon Buerg's LIST.COM.  As a matter of fact, the left-right arrows (scroll
+-20 columns) still works, just like in LIST; but there's no reason for them
to, 'cause all the README files are just 80 columns...

--
 /|\ /|\   .. .  .   .    .     .      .       .        .         .          .
| |\| |\|  .. .  .   .    .     .      .       .        .         .          .
|/|\|/|\|/||   _  _ _   _ |_| _  _ |_ -__  _  _ARPA: lupin3@ucscb.ucsc.EDU
  | |/| |/|L_ (_\( ( (_/  | |(_\_) (_ || )(_)_)UUCP: *!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!lupin3
   \|/ \|/ larry      /   hastings        _/   WORK: sun!acad!metaware!funkster
  MetaWare "I'm hovering like a fly, waiting for the windshield on the freeway."
IncorporateDisclaimer:[MetaWare, UCSC]->opinion!=lhastings->opinion\\\Genesis

shurr@cbnews.ATT.COM (Larry A. Shurr) (10/24/88)

In article <5207@saturn.ucsc.edu> lupin3@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (-=/ Larry Hastings /=-) writes:
>+-In article <315@wuibc.UUCP>, gmat@wuibc.UUCP (Gregory Martin Amaya Tormo) wrote:-
>>[Borland uses PKARC in its new distribution packages]

>  Also, Borland's README.COM is (very obviously) a hacked up version of
>Vernon Buerg's LIST.COM.  As a matter of fact, the left-right arrows (scroll
>+-20 columns) still works, just like in LIST; but there's no reason for them
>to, 'cause all the README files are just 80 columns...

And it also accepts a command line parameter specifing what file you want
to LIST, uh... 'README' that is.

regards, Larry

--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (att!cbnews!shurr or osu-cis!apr!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave