[comp.lang.c] PLM to C translator

kac@tc.fluke.COM (Ken Coulson) (10/25/88)

Does anybody have any information on a PLM to C translator?

Ken Coulson
(206) 356-5276 or 486-6147
kac@tc.fluke.COM
{microsoft, sun}!fluke!kac

yuval@taux02.UUCP (Gideon Yuval) (10/25/88)

Microprocessor Services, Inc., 516-499-4461 advertises such a thing.
$500 or so (PL/M can be -80,-51 or -86). That's all I know.
--
Gideon Yuval, yuval@taux01.nsc.com, +972-2-690992 (home) ,-52-522255(work)
 Paper-mail: National Semiconductor, 6 Maskit St., Herzliyah, Israel

daveb@gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) (10/28/88)

In article <221@taux02.UUCP> yuval@taux02.UUCP (Gideon Yuval) writes:

>Microprocessor Services, Inc., 516-499-4461 advertises such a thing.
>$500 or so (PL/M can be -80,-51 or -86). That's all I know.

I attended a talk at the West Coast Computer Faire in maybe 1984 about
the expeiriences some people at Zilog had porting CP/M to the Z8000.
Most of the CP/M utilitites were written in PL/M, and they needed to be
translated to C.  The question was whether to write a translator
program, or do it by hand.  They decided to do it by hand, because they
felt a literal translation wouldn't catch intent very well.  Since it
would need to be checked line by line anyway, they thought doing it by
hand with the help of sed was a better idea.

Of course, for 500 shekels, if it saves you a few days on hand
translating by working better than sed, you are still ahead.

Your mileage may vary.

-dB