[comp.lang.c] Standards for C complex number routines - ARE THERE?

mdr@reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) (11/03/88)

Are the any standards (IEEE, ANSI or other) for complex
number libraries in C?  Anything under development?

I'm just curious - I've done a short package in C which
works fine, but I would like to make it easy to port the code
to other machines which may have local super duper fast routines.
I'd rather comply now than later - I'm just that type I guess :-).

Mike

kamath@reed.UUCP (Sean Kamath) (11/07/88)

In article <10875@reed.UUCP> mdr@reed.UUCP (Mike Rutenberg) writes:
>Are the any standards (IEEE, ANSI or other) for complex
>number libraries in C?  Anything under development?
>
>I'm just curious - I've done a short package in C which
>works fine, but I would like to make it easy to port the code
>to other machines which may have local super duper fast routines.
>I'd rather comply now than later - I'm just that type I guess :-).
>
>Mike

You should switch to C++, which has data hiding, and thus makes using
complex numbers a little easier.  AS I recall, Mr. Mason knows more
about this than myself.

Sean

--
UUCP:  {decvax allegra ucbcad ucbvax hplabs}!tektronix!reed!kamath
CSNET: reed!kamath@Tektronix.CSNET  ||  BITNET: kamath@reed.BITNET