[comp.lang.c] Re^2: GROK THIS!!

leif@ambone.UUCP (Leif Andrew Rump) (12/12/88)

brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:
>In article <14804@mimsy.UUCP> chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>>In article <1803@scolex> brianm@sco.COM (Brian Moffet) writes:
>>>The book was "Red Planet" by Robert A. Heinlein.  Heinlein was
>>occur in the book, nowhere does it use the word `grok'.  The only
>Chris is right.  I re-read the book after someone asked me to find it,
>and indeed it wasn't there.  Teach me to trust my memory :-)
>So, in front of all you people (you'll have to imagine this)
>Open Mouth,
>Put foot in mouth
>zipper lips.
>mbgpl ghourst nmplrs

I'm quite sure but not that sure that I will eat my shoes if I'm wrong
but didn't Douglas Adams use grok in his trilogi in four parts (The
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy)?

If I'm right and even if I'm wrong then I will agree with the person
who started all this that a manual can't use words that isn't in the
dictionary even if 42 of his friends knows the word (See some of you
laughed/nooded/"thinked"/... just because of a stupid number but what
about the rest of the world that don't know that it is the answer to
The Life, the universe and everything!)

   Leif Andrew Rump, Ambrasoft A/S, Roejelskaer 15, DK-2840 Holte (Denmark)
 UUCP: leif@ambone.dk, phone: +45 2424 111, touch phone: +45 422 817 + 313
 BBS1: ABC BBS:     +45 68 00 544,    3/12, 24h, 2:505/38 (ABC Sysop)
 BBS2: PC-Club BBS: +45 68 0270,   3/12/24, 24h, 2:505/54 (PC-Club Sysop)

Please note the node-change:                    Ambone, Italian for a pulpit
(The following interpretations emerged          Am_bone, Ambrasoft A/S bone
 when Ambone was put down on paper and          Amb_one, Ambrasoft A/S #one
 accepted - they are solely mine!!!!!)          ...