[comp.lang.c] turbo c 2.0

rja@edison.GE.COM (rja) (01/19/89)

In article <3717@ttidca.TTI.COM>, hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) writes:
> think TC 2.0 supports that mode. (And they still ship on 5.25" disks only.
> They've got some catching up to do).

Simply put.  Not true.  Several people here in Charlottesville  RECEIVED
TC 2.0 on 3.5" microfloppies a while ago.  In fact they received TC 2.0
faster than Borland had promised (apparently Borland thought there might
be a 2 week delay because of the high number of upgrade requests, there
wasn't.  Arrived 3 days after ordering.)

         rja@edison.GE.COM      or      ...uunet!virginia!edison!rja
     via Internet (preferable)          via uucp  (if you must)

hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) (01/24/89)

}
}Simply put.  Not true.  Several people here in Charlottesville  RECEIVED
}TC 2.0 on 3.5" microfloppies a while ago.  In fact they received TC 2.0
}faster than Borland had promised (apparently Borland thought there might
}be a 2 week delay because of the high number of upgrade requests, there
}wasn't.  Arrived 3 days after ordering.)

I didn't say you couldn't get TC 2.0 on 3.5" disks.  You just can't buy it
that way in a store.  You have to order it from Borland after you've
bought the 5.25" disks in the store and it will cost you another $15 over
what you've already paid.  Borland also told me it would take two weeks to
get to me (their brochure promised 48 hours).  I made other arrangements.

--
The Polymath (aka: Jerry Hollombe, hollombe@ttidca.tti.com)  Illegitimati Nil
Citicorp(+)TTI                                                 Carborundum

colburn@io.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Mark H. Colburn) (01/27/89)

>I didn't say you couldn't get TC 2.0 on 3.5" disks.  You just can't buy it
>that way in a store.  You have to order it from Borland after you've
>bought the 5.25" disks in the store and it will cost you another $15 over
>what you've already paid.

I just bought a brand new copy of Turbo C 2.0 (professional) and I got it
in 3.5".  The store had both 3.5" and 5.25" versions.  The sales people
there were quite good about making sure that you got the right version of
disks for your system.

I purchased mine in Minneapolis, it could be that they have not gotten them
down in North Carolina yet.  It also could be that your store vendors have
not gotten around to ordering 3.5" floppies yet.

Mark H. Colburn           MN65-2300		colburn@SRC.Honeywell.COM
Systems Administration and Support
Honeywell Systems & Research Center

grumpy@edg1.UUCP (Eric Schwarz) (01/27/89)

Subject: Re: turbo c 2.0
Newsgroups: comp.lang.c,comp.sys.ibm.pc

In article <3751@ttidca.TTI.COM>, hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) writes:

> I didn't say you couldn't get TC 2.0 on 3.5" disks.  You just can't buy it
> that way in a store.  You have to order it from Borland after you've

This is definitely not true if you're talking about the "Pro" package.
I made the mistake of picking up a 3.5" version at the store and had
to bring it back to exchange it for the 5.25" version.  By the way,
the reason I made the mistake in the first place was the way in which
Borland marks the two versions.  When I picked up the box I noticed
a sticker that read something like "includes 3.5" disks".  Silly me,
I thought this meant that the 3.5" disks were included in addition
to the 5.25" ones.

Eric Schwarz
uunet!edg1!grumpy

connors@druco.ATT.COM (Paul Connors) (01/27/89)

The Polymath writes:
-In article <1781@edison.GE.COM> rja@edison.GE.COM (rja) writes:
-}In article <3717@ttidca.TTI.COM>, hollombe@ttidca.TTI.COM (The Polymath) writes:
-}> think TC 2.0 supports that mode. (And they still ship on 5.25" disks only.
-}> They've got some catching up to do).
-}
-
-I didn't say you couldn't get TC 2.0 on 3.5" disks.  You just can't buy it
-that way in a store.  You have to order it from Borland after you've
-bought the 5.25" disks in the store and it will cost you another $15 over
-what you've already paid.  Borland also told me it would take two weeks to
-get to me (their brochure promised 48 hours).  I made other arrangements.

In the interests of a precision above and beyond the call of duty,
I should point out that several mail-order places will ship TC2.0 on
either 3.5 or 5.25 disks. Examination of the packaging shows that
Borland clearly ships TC2.0 in both varieties. (I've seen both sets
of packaging since the mail-order store I used accidentally shipped
3.5 disks which I did not want!)

 Paul Connors
 Email:	att!druco!connors