[comp.lang.c] Laplace TransFORMS

pcb@usl.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) (02/03/89)

I haven't had much succes in comp.lang.fortran, math, ...

SO is thought I'd try my usual source of information.

I am writing some petroleum engineering applications (related to
graphics r&d and ||processing) and I need to solve some laplace
tranforms.  All of the techniques I've seen are solvable by
paper and pencil, but have not easily been modeled in an algorithm
(that could be computer solvable).

I am looking for PD software, algorithms, or references to this
domain area.

I am using both C and C++ with X windows as a working environment.

Thanks for the help in advance.

pcb@usl.usl.edu   csnet

mike@pmafire.UUCP (mike caldwell) (02/07/89)

In article <666@usl.usl.edu> pcb@usl.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs) writes:
>I am writing some petroleum engineering applications (related to
>graphics r&d and ||processing) and I need to solve some laplace
>tranforms.  All of the techniques I've seen are solvable by
>paper and pencil, but have not easily been modeled in an algorithm
>(that could be computer solvable).
>
>I am looking for PD software, algorithms, or references to this
>domain area.

Dr.  Barry D.  Ganapol gave a paper at the ANS summer meeting.  The
paper was titled _The Solution to the Nuclear Reactor Kinetic Equations
with a Continuous Slowing Down Model Using Numerical Laplace Transform
Inversion_.  He evaluates the inversion on the Bromwich contour and uses
some change of variables.  There isn't enough detail in the transactions
for me to understand the method, but I can send a copy if you want.  You
might want to do a literature search for other papers written by Dr.
Ganapol or contact him at the University of Arizona.

--
Mike Caldwell (mike@pmafire)
Paths: ...uunet!pmafire!mike | ...!ucdavis!egg-id!pmafire!mike