[comp.lang.c] recommendation on intro C bookSKIP

michelbi@oregon.uoregon.edu (03/03/89)

In article <Mar.2.22.10.37.1989.5448@paul.rutgers.edu>, hwangbo@paul.rutgers.edu (Sungdae Hwangbo) writes:
> 	A friend of mine is taking an intro C course in which K&R (2nd
> ed) is the textbook.  He finds it a little you know :-), so he wants
> to know whether there are some easier book on C.  Any suggestions?

Boy! Will you ever receive Mail on this one!

From the C Echo on Fidonet, and my own experience, there are two very good
introductory C books:

1).  Microsoft or Turbo C Programming for the IBM by Robert Lafore and the
     Waite Group (Howard W. Sams & Company)

2).  C Primer Plus by Waite, Prata, and Martin and The Waite Group (Howard W.
     Sama & Company)

By the way, I am assuming that you are looking for something micro related;
not that with C it makes a big difference what platform you are working on.

Michel Biedermann
U. of Oregon
ZENITH Student Rep.