[comp.lang.c] LEARN C ?

Paul.Davis@f226.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Paul Davis) (03/10/89)

   I have extensive electronics background and education, and have
gone through alot of software classes. I am not in the electronics
and software field right now as far as employment is concerned.
 I am very tired of keeping up with everything after being in the
field for thirty years. Is it worth My while to learn C programming
???. Would the knowledge of C improve my life any at all, I know
Pascal but Im tired and weary of the mess in this field and wish
I could clear my mind of it all and relax and have some peace.
  I hate to be snubbed by the elite nobobs in the electronics
field, because I dont know C programming, who can say???
  should I go ahead and fight the compitition as always??
 Paul Davis.....

--
Paul Davis - via FidoNet node 1:105/14
	    UUCP: ...!{uunet!oresoft, tektronix!reed}!busker!226!Paul.Davis

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (03/13/89)

In article <473.2417A3F2@busker.FIDONET.ORG> Paul.Davis@f226.n105.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Paul Davis) writes:
>Is it worth My while to learn C programming???. Would the knowledge of
>C improve my life any at all, ...
>  I hate to be snubbed by the elite nobobs in the electronics
>field, because I dont know C programming, who can say???

What is this, Dear Abby or something?

It's too soon for April Fool postings, so on the off-chance
that you're serious, my answer would be:  Learn C if you
need to know it to do your job, or if you're interested in it.
Don't learn it to impress people; that's a stupid reason.