[comp.lang.c] Aztec C for the Mac

goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) (03/09/89)

	I have been thinking about getting a C compiler for my 512K mac
(which I will probably upgrade to a Mac Plus, although I am not sure
when) and have noticed that Aztec C has become incredibly cheap. I have seen
it advertized for  $65. If I am going to upgrade my machine it would be
good to be able to save some money on software.
	Does anybody out there have much experience with Aztec C? Suggestions,
comments, are appreciated.

--
Cloyd Goodrum III
UNCC Computer Science Department

anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (03/13/89)

In article <1391@unccvax.UUCP> goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) writes:

>	I have been thinking about getting a C compiler for my 512K mac
>(which I will probably upgrade to a Mac Plus, although I am not sure
>when) and have noticed that Aztec C has become incredibly cheap. I have seen
>it advertized for  $65. If I am going to upgrade my machine it would be
>good to be able to save some money on software.

Lightspeec C sells for $95 from MacConnection. I have used Aztec C, and I
have used Lightspeed C. My comparison can be summarized thus: There are
much better ways to save $30.

NOTE: I have no connection with the Lightspeed C folks, except as an
extremely satisfied customer. The opinions expressed above are my own.
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM

fgz@lakart.UUCP (Federico Genoese-Zerbi) (03/15/89)

From article <2621@spray.CalComp.COM>, by anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson):
> In article <1391@unccvax.UUCP> goodrum@unccvax.UUCP (Cloyd Goodrum) writes:
>>

> Lightspeec C sells for $95 from MacConnection. I have used Aztec C, and I
> have used Lightspeed C. My comparison can be summarized thus: There are
> much better ways to save $30.
I'd like to add my $.02's worth of praise for Lightspeed C.  I have used
Consulair, Aztec and Lightspeed.  I would not use anything other than
Lightspeed C unless the other ones get MUCH better.  Lightspeed C; there
is no substitute.
> NOTE: I have no connection with the Lightspeed C folks, except as an
> extremely satisfied customer. The opinions expressed above are my own.
The same for me.

Federico Genoese-Zerbi
{mirror, xait, cfisun}!lakart!fgz