[comp.lang.c] courses on c

mroth@afit-ab.arpa (Mark A. Roth) (03/16/89)

Please let me know of any self-paced or partially self-paced, book or
video based course on 'C'.  Your opinion of its worth would also be
welcome.

Mark Roth
mroth@afit.af.mil  or mroth@afit.arpa

In article <985@afit-ab.arpa> mroth@afit-ab.arpa (Mark A. Roth) writes:
>Please let me know of any self-paced or partially self-paced, book or
>video based course on 'C'.  Your opinion of its worth would also be
>welcome.

I learned from Kernighan and Ritchie, ed. 1.  Worked just fine.  It wasn't
cluttered with obtuse examples and it didn't assume I was completely stupid
if I'd never programmed before.

				--Blair
				  "Try _that_ with an ANSI standard."

colston@olibc1.oliv.co.uk (Colston Sanger) (03/21/89)

In article <985@afit-ab.arpa>, mroth@afit-ab.arpa (Mark A. Roth) writes:
> Please let me know of any self-paced or partially self-paced, book or
> video based course on 'C'.
> welcome.

AT&T do a good video C video course. There are 12 videos in the
set, together with workbooks. It's quite expensive though, so
it's probably a corporate rather than individual purchase.

Colston Sanger

Olivetti International Education Centre,
Branksome Hilders, Hindhead Road, Haslemere, Surrey GU27 3PU, UK.

UUCP: {...odatc0, ukc!uel}!olgb1!olibc1!colston, colston@olibc1.oliv.co.uk
Tel. +44 (0) 428 4011    Telex:	858859 OLIMARG    Fax:	0428 56459