[comp.lang.c] approved standard?

gwyn@smoke.BRL.MIL (Doug Gwyn ) (03/31/89)

In article <DAVIDL.89Mar29091834@intelob.intel.com> davidl@intelob.intel.com (David Levine) writes:
>Unfortunately, there are as yet no ANSI-Standard [C] implementations,
>since there is no approved Standard yet.

ANSI hasn't yet ratified the proposed standard, but it has been
approved by X3.  ANSI is reviewing the procedures that were followed
in the course of standardization, not the technical content of the
proposed standard.  We're pretty sure proper procedures were followed,
so we expect ANSI to approve what was submitted within a few weeks.
Thus, any C implementation that conforms to the pANS will become
ANSI standard-conforming the instant that ANSI ratifies the pANS.