[comp.lang.c] Library-source for Turbo-C

rup@tuvie (R.Grafendorfer) (04/17/89)

I am looking for the source-code of the librarys of turbo-c (f. borland).
Is there either a way to purchase them or is there a version in the public
domain???

Rup Grafendorfer

gs940971@longs.LANCE.ColoState.Edu (glen sunada f84) (04/18/89)

In article <680@tuvie>, rup@tuvie (R.Grafendorfer) writes:
> I am looking for the source-code of the librarys of turbo-c (f. borland).
> Is there either a way to purchase them or is there a version in the public
> domain???
>
> Rup Grafendorfer

Yes the labrary souces for Borland Turbo-C are available.  You can get them from Boralnd directly at I belive a cost of $150.00

blarson@skat.usc.edu (Bob Larson) (04/20/89)

In article <2803@pegasus.ATT.COM> psrc@pegasus.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes:
>Neither TC nor the TC library source code is or ever will be in the
>public domain.

If it is protected by U.S. copyright law, the above statement is
incorrect.  50 years after the death of the author, it WILL be public
domain.  (The period used to be shorter.)  I'm not sure exactly how
this applies to multi-author copyrights held by corperations.

--
Bob Larson	Arpa: Blarson@Ecla.Usc.Edu	blarson@skat.usc.edu
Uucp: {sdcrdcf,cit-vax}!oberon!skat!blarson