[comp.lang.c] Using C for the First Programmin

Ron.Merts@p10.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Merts) (04/21/89)

When I learned C i felt like I was learning lots of useless stuff.  It took me about 2 hours to get the syntax down pretty well, and 2 months to learn how to semi-effectivly (sp?) use the functions to do what I wanted.  Now 2-1/2 years later I finally feel that I have most of the language under control; although I do still see some programs that amaze me at what is done with such small code.  Also some people like to find ALL of the possible ways to convolute a "for" or "while" loop all inside the parenthe

sis, and it's strange how that some of those twisted, completely unreadable lines actually work.  But try and decompose them into several statements is a royal pain.

Ron Merts

--
Ron Merts - via FidoNet node 1:147/10
UUCP: ...!uokmax!metnet!30.10!Ron.Merts

In article <13.244F09BA@metnet.FIDONET.ORG> Ron.Merts@p10.f30.n147.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Ron Merts) writes:
>When I learned C i felt like I was learning lots of useless stuff.  It took me about 2 hours to get the syntax down pretty well, and 2 months to learn how to semi-effectivly (sp?) use the functions to do what I wanted.  Now 2-1/2 years later I finally feel that I have most of the language under control; although I do still see some programs that amaze me at what is done with such small code.  Also some people like to find ALL of the possible ways to convolute a "for" or "while" loop all inside the parenth

>sis, and it's strange how that some of those twisted, completely unreadable lines actually work.  But try and decompose them into several statements is a royal pain.

Now if you could only use an editor that actually inserts carriage-returns
in a wordwrapped document...

				--Blair
				  "There was young whore from Paree, with a mout