[comp.lang.c] CPP <--> M4 [was C macros

woods@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (warren.d.swan) (04/26/89)

In article <17109@mimsy.UUCP> chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <1317@ns.network.com> ddb@ns.network.com (David Dyer-Bennet) writes:
>
>C's macro preprocessor is intended to be weak.  Fancier macro expanders
>(such as m4) are available (although their syntaxes often clash with C's,
>and/or with each other's).

Now on a related-but-unrelated subject:  Does anyone know of a cpp to m4
translator, or of an m4 to cpp translator?  I have a good use for one for an
admittedly non-C application.  I suppose it doesn't belong under comp.lang.c,
but I've been thinking about this for days and saw my chance to "jump in."

I'd much appreciate any help you can give me on this.  Send E-MAIL to me
and if sufficient interest (send E-MAIL to signify that too), I'll summarize
to the net.

Thanks,
Warren D. Swan  (WooDS)     Y n n ____  __      Traditionally, this is where
AT&T Bell Laboratories     -(((((([__]_)__]     some verbose, who-cares-but-the-
Naperville, Illinois       /o-O-O-O oo  oo      author philosophy goes, but I
att!cblph!woods         #####################   don't care to do that just now.