[comp.lang.c] Recomendations for a 68HC11 C compiler wanted

rickc@pogo.WV.TEK.COM (Rick Clements) (05/03/89)

We have been using Introl's C compiler for the 68HC11 running on an IBM-PC.
We are re-evaluation tools.  I was wondering what other C compilers (PC or
UNIX based) people have been using.  What are their good and bad points?

--
Rick Clements (RickC@pogo.WV.TEK.COM)

steve@oakhill.UUCP (steve) (05/04/89)

In article <7200@pogo.WV.TEK.COM>, rickc@pogo.WV.TEK.COM
				       (Rick Clements) writes:

> We have been using Introl's C compiler for the 68HC11 running on an IBM-PC.
> We are re-evaluation tools.  I was wondering what other C compilers (PC or
> UNIX based) people have been using.  What are their good and bad points?

Here at Motorola Development systems we write these programs to help
with developing in our chips (more on what we have below).  We also
are willing to give the names of other vendors in the area.  Our
marketing department has this information for Assemblers, Compilers,
debuggers, emulators, etc, on a whole range of hosts for most of
our processors (part reproduced below).  Our purpose is to get you to
use our microprocessors, not buy our software.

So much for the advertisement, now to what I know.

I (personally) just got finished re-releaseing our C-compiler for the
HC11 on our UNIX box.  I am currently assisting in the port of the
c-compiler to the IBM-PC.  We are almost complete and will be out in
Beta test in appoximently 2 weeks.  If you are interested, post back
and I'll try to get you in touch with the appropriate marketer. (The
associated assembler and linker for the PC are already out, the emulator
software is in progress, but not due for release for some time (UNIX
systems software just re-released)).

Motorola has a Third party vendor list for software for our processors.
Third Party Vendor list for the M68HC11 C Compiler (dated 4-10-89):

American Automation
2651 Dow Ave.
Tustin, CA 92680   (714) 731-1661

Enertec, Inc.
19 Jenkins Ave.
P.O. Box 1312
Lansdale, PA 19446  (215)362-0966

Introl Corp.
647 West Virginia Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204  (414)276-2937

Intermetric/Whitesmith
733 Concord Ave.
Cambridge, MA 02138 (800)225-1030

Archimedes S/W Inc.
1728 Union Street
San Fransico, CA 94123  (415)567-4010

For more information on the third party software list call:

Motorola, Inc.
MCU Marketing
6501 William Cannon Dr. West
Austin, Tx 78735    (512)891-2990

Software includes assemblers, emulators, debuggers for many of our
processors (M6800/01, M6805, M68HC11, M68000, etc.)

                   enough from this mooncalf - Steven
These opinions aren't necessarily Motorola's or Remora's - but I'd like to
think we share some common views.
Steven R Weintraub                        cs.utexas.edu!oakhill!devsys!steve
Motorola Inc.  Austin, Texas
(512) 891-3023 (office) (512) 453-6953 (home)
NOTE: NEW PHONE NUMBER!!