[comp.lang.c] Trouble compile nawk

btwomey@mtuxj.att.com (XF3AA-W.TWOMEY) (05/12/89)

I'm trying to compile nawk on a unix-pc, 3.5. The compiler is dieing

I don't think it has anything to do with the source because I've
removed the allegedly offending statements and still get the errors.
More importantly, it compiles fine on a 3B2 700.

	results of make:
		.
		.
		.
		cc -g  -c tran.c
	*** Error code 1

	"tran.c", line 269: compiler error: cfix trouble

What is "cfix trouble"? Is there anything that can be done? (besides
trashing the machine or getting a new compiler) Anyone got gnu-cc
binaries ready to install?

Perplexedly yours,
Bill Twomey

attbl!mtuxj!journey!btwomey, attbl!mtuxj!btwomey

Before you ask: Sorry, but the source is available to AT&T types only.
--

201-577-4627
AT&T Business Markets Group, Business Customer Systems

mark@umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Mark Sienkiewicz) (05/13/89)

In article <1001@mtuxj.att.com> btwomey@mtuxj.att.com (W.TWOMEY) writes:
>I'm trying to compile nawk on a unix-pc, 3.5. The compiler is dieing

>		cc -g  -c tran.c
>	*** Error code 1
>	"tran.c", line 269: compiler error: cfix trouble

There are bugs in the stock c compiler that show up when you compile
with -g.  Try not using that flag.  (If you know that nawk works,
you should use -O instead :)