[comp.lang.c] redirecting a chilishd process output to a file

In article <18192@mimsy.UUCP> chris@mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
[...about how people discuss unixic things in the c newsgroup...]

>The latter is how things should be.  Please try to keep IBM-PC
>specific articles in IBM-PC specific newsgroups; and try to keep
>Unix-specific articles in Unix-specific newsgroups.

Well, Chris, just to buffer your anger (if that's what it was;  it
was certainly the most reserved flame _I've_ seen in a few minutes :)
often these discussions are just the vortices left behind legitimate
(or erronneous) c questions.  Other times, they are examples of unix
system programming, which is probably the most common use of c.  Other
times, the distinction between c and the OS gets a bit blurred, and
it takes an explanation to unblur the distinction, and then the poor
kid figures that the unblurror knows the real answer anyway and goes
ahead and asks it while the sophistic socket is still warm.

Other times, people crosspost like they're slinging mud at the side of
the barn.  It happens.  It's hardly worth fighting.  You aren't going to
catch all the muddy blobs, and you aren't going to repaint the barn
daily.  They'll get tired or move to another barn, soon enough.

Then we can get back to discussing c.

				--Blair
				  "...and why you can't add two
				   pointers together... ;-)"