[comp.lang.c] Fortran77 to C conversion

rapa@well.UUCP (Ralph A. Phraner) (06/22/89)

Does anyone reading this group have or know about any available
software, tools or scripts to automate conversion of Fortran77
sources to C?  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ralph Phraner

seth@ctr.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) (06/23/89)

I believe that there is a converter in comp.sources.unix  Look in
your friendly neighborhood archive (or uunet)

--
					-Seth Robertson
					 seth@ctr.columbia.edu

meyering@cs.utexas.edu (Jim Meyering) (06/30/89)

In article <12302@well.UUCP> rapa@well.UUCP (Ralph A. Phraner) writes:

>Does anyone reading this group have or know about any available
>software, tools or scripts to automate conversion of Fortran77
>sources to C?  Any help or pointers would be appreciated.  Thanks.

I have used a product, FOR_C, sold by a company called Cobalt Blue that
does just what you want.  They generate pretty readable C/C++ code
from FORTRAN (or ratrof or f77) source.  I have translated well
over 50,000 lines of F66.  Their product is pretty stable and can
generate either K&R or prototypes and ANSI-style function definitions.
I'm told they are working on a FORTRAN code structurer, too.

Here's their number:
	Cobalt Blue  (408) 723-0474

--
Jim Meyering      meyering@cs.utexas.edu