[comp.lang.c] Want C compiler for RSX 11

capron@chiron.UUCP (Michael P. Capron) (06/04/89)

I'd appreciate any leads to C compilers for the RSX 11 operating system.

				Thanks in advance,
				Mike Capron

...uunet!chiron!capron

msnyder@schooner.cis.ohio-state.edu (Michael V Snyder) (06/29/89)

In article <190@chiron.UUCP> capron@chiron.UUCP (Michael P. Capron) writes:

>I'd appreciate any leads to C compilers for the RSX 11 operating system.
>
>				Thanks in advance,
>				Mike Capron

Didn't Whitesmith's have one?

jim@forgen.UUCP (Jim Hood) (06/30/89)

From article <53255@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, by msnyder@schooner.cis.ohio-state.edu (Michael V Snyder):
> In article <190@chiron.UUCP> capron@chiron.UUCP (Michael P. Capron) writes:
>>
>>I'd appreciate any leads to C compilers for the RSX 11 operating system.
>>
>>				Thanks in advance,
>>				Mike Capron

There's a DECUS C compiler available...the tape has VMS, RSX and POS
versions on it, I believe.
--
Jim Hood
{ uunet!attcan  att  pyramid!utai  utzoo } !lsuc!forgen!jim

jbvb@ftp.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (07/07/89)

In article <53255@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu>, msnyder@schooner.cis.ohio-state.edu (Michael V Snyder) writes:
> In article <190@chiron.UUCP> capron@chiron.UUCP (Michael P. Capron) writes:
> >
> >I'd appreciate any leads to C compilers for the RSX 11 operating system.
>
> Didn't Whitesmith's have one?

Whitesmith's sold one.  The DECUS C compiler was a freebie, tape maybe
$50.  Back when I was working on 11s, the Whitesmith's I/O library was
not Unix- like, but that may have changed.  The DECUS compiler came in
source form, and came with grep, diff, sort and other Unix utilities.
The compiler itself was written in Macro-11, but the utilities were
all C (and have appeared on many other O/Ss since).  One disadvantage
of the DECUS compiler was that it didn't handle variables defined on
block boundaries inside functions, but otherwise it was quite useable.
We chose DECUS C for our commercial work, I never used Whitesmiths.

--
James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901