[comp.lang.c] 6809 Compiler, Assembler, Linker needed

kindred@dopey.telesci.UUCP (David L Kindred (Dave)) (07/18/89)

	We are attempting to move our 6809 software development to our
Sun systems.  Since we were using the Microtec Research
Assembler/Linker package on another machine, we bought it for the
Suns.  Unfortunately, it is very buggy and Microtec is slow in fixing
the problem (and has broken more than they have fixed).  We are now
preparing to evaluate two other packages, the Uniware Assemble/Linker,
and the Introl Compiler/Assembler/Linker.  We have had success withe
Uniware 8085 package, and with Introl's PC based 6809 package.  My
questions are:

1)	Do any of you have any experience with any of the above?

2)	Does anyone else make good 6809 development tools?

Please feel free to respond to any of the following addresses, and
thanks in advance for your help.

EMail: kindred@telesci.UUCP (...!princeton!telesci!kindred)
Phone: +1 609 866 1000 x222
Snail: TeleSciences C O Systems, 351 New Albany Rd, Moorestown, NJ 08057-1177
--
Disclaimer: I'm not even sure I agree with my own Ideas!

Bob.Stout@p6.f506.n106.z1.fidonet.org (Bob Stout) (07/24/89)

In an article of <17 Jul 89 21:09:21 GMT>, (David L Kindred (Dave)) writes:

 >        We are attempting to move our 6809 software development to our
 >Sun systems.  ... We have had success with the
 >Uniware 8085 package, and with Introl's PC based 6809 package.  My
 >questions are:
 >
 >1)      Do any of you have any experience with any of the above?
 >
 >2)      Does anyone else make good 6809 development tools?

  A client ported the Introl 6809 development system to a Prime 750 with
minimal hassles and great support from Introl. It's about the best cross
development package I've seen for the 6809 - certainly the only one I've seen
I could recommend without qualification.