[comp.lang.c] looking for syntax directed editor

meulenbr@cstw01.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) (07/28/89)

Hi!

I'm looking for a syntax directed editor, running under Unix.
The editor I'm thinking of, should at least support the C language, and
must be tailorable towards different compilers and local
coding conventions.

Does anyone by any chance know about the existence of such a beast,
either PD or commercially available?

If there is interest and responses I'll summarize to the net.

Thanks in advance,
Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.prl.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology
	( or try: ...!mcvax!phigate!prle!cst!meulenbr)

aarons@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Aaron Sloman) (08/10/89)

meulenbr@cstw01.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm looking for a syntax directed editor, running under Unix.
> The editor I'm thinking of, should at least support the C language, and
> must be tailorable towards different compilers and local
> coding conventions.

The VED editor in POPLOG is fully programmable and is generally used
for development software in the POPLOG languages (Pop-11, Prolog
Common Lisp and ML) and in other languages (e.g. C, Pascal,
Fortran).

It runs on a variety of Unix machines and VAX+VMS.

More information available on request

Aaron Sloman,
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
Univ of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QN, England
    INTERNET: aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cogs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
              aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cogs%nsfnet-relay.ac.uk@relay.cs.net
    JANET     aarons@cogs.sussex.ac.uk
    BITNET:   aarons%uk.ac.sussex.cogs@uk.ac