[comp.lang.c] Dumb questions

roemer@cs.vu.nl (Roemer Lievaart) (08/17/89)

Before I left for a weeks holiday in the mountains, I posted,
not dumb, but posting it worldwide was) another very dumb question
about "main" in C-programs.

I thought the sentence:

>>> Thanks in advance, I need your help desperately!!!!!!!!!!

(which nobody quoted) would serve as a smiley. It turned out that it didn't.

I apologize for all who where mislead by my posting, and thank everybody
for their friendly but alas worthless replies.

I was just trying to point out, that if anyone has a simple or beginners
question about C (especially when your on an university) can be asked to
your fellow student, your practicum assistant or colleague.
You should NOT post it worldwide.

The question WAS a joke.
Allthough I have been a winner in Obfuscated C Code contests, I really
am quite experienced with C... (-:-)   (siamese smiley)

BTW. Have the winning entries of the 1989 Obf. C code contest
been posted already? If not, they should, otherwise I will do it.
(That's a threat.)

Cherio,
Roemer B. Lievaart |
Amsterdam, Holland |       They're only trying to make me LOOK paranoid!
roemer@cs.vu.nl    |

jeffa@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Jeff Aguilera) (08/18/89)

> Well, instead of bringing back the old PROGRAM card, we substitute
>
>       main(){PROGRAM_NAME()}
>
> hey, hey, hey, one line, that's all.  just like the old days :^)

You mean

        main(){PROGRAM_NAME();}

ask@cbnews.ATT.COM (Arthur S. Kamlet) (08/18/89)

In article <680009@hpmwjaa.HP.COM> jeffa@hpmwtd.HP.COM (Jeff Aguilera) writes:
>> Well, instead of bringing back the old PROGRAM card, we substitute
>>
>>       main(){PROGRAM_NAME()}
>>
>> hey, hey, hey, one line, that's all.  just like the old days :^)
>
>You mean
>
>        main(){PROGRAM_NAME();}

Picky, picky, picky !    :^)

Actually, since this was my article, in spite of the
In article ... writes:   line

it's my mea culpa, not Jeff's.
--
Art Kamlet  a_s_kamlet@att.com  AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus