[comp.lang.c] Time/Date Calculations

john_gibney%830.312@fidogate.fido.oz (John Gibney) (09/06/89)

Original to: all

I am trying to find any algorithms for doing date and time
calculations using either TURBO C or Microsoft QuickBASIC.

I know that C has the functions asctime, difftime, etc. but
I would like to obtain the algorithms behind these procedures.

If you are at all familiar with VAX/VMS, there are system
services SYS$BINTIM and SYS$ASCTIM which will take ASCII
strings and convert them to quadwords and vice-versa.  I
would like to build some functions in C that would do
something similar.

Specifically, in QuickBASIC, I would like to take an ASCII
string and convert it to a quadword, say, so that I can do
arithmetic on it, and then convert it back to an ASCII
string.  I also want to do this using C... I have a couple
of projects in the works that need these functions.

Any help you could provide would be most appreciated.

John  :-)

---
 * Origin: Southern Mail CBCS - An OZNET System (Opus 7:830/312)

wozniak@utkux1.utk.edu (Bryon Lape) (09/09/89)

	C has several functions that convert ascii to integers.