[comp.lang.c] Lex and Yacc

corwin@polari.UUCP (Don Glover) (09/11/89)

 I am trying to find some instructional books about lex and yacc.  I
believe that these tools can help me alot on some projects I am currently
involved in, but the manual on these is sketchy at best.

Thanx for any help.

fieland@hobbiton.prime.com (09/11/89)

Try:

		"Introduction to Compiler Construction with Unix"
		by Axel T. Schreiner and H. George Friedman, Jr.
		published by Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, NJ.

Peggy

mike@pmafire.UUCP (mike caldwell) (09/13/89)

In article <192700006@hobbiton> fieland@hobbiton.prime.com writes:
>Try:
>		"Introduction to Compiler Construction with Unix"
>		by Axel T. Schreiner and H. George Friedman, Jr.
>		published by Prentice-Hall, Inc. Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
>Peggy

This is a good introduction, but what is the next step?  After
finishing this book, there are still some fairly basic things that
escape me (like good error handling).

Mike

Mike Caldwell (mike@pmafire.UUCP)
Paths: ...uunet!pmafire!mike | ...!ucdavis!egg-id!pmafire!mike