[comp.lang.c] Bandwidth Wasters Hall of Fame

tcm@srhqla.SR.COM (Tim Meighan) (09/26/89)

In article <13745@well.UUCP> xanthian@well.UUCP (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:

>                         BANDWIDTH WASTERS HALL OF FAME

Er, it seems the folks at the top of your list, while they do post a
tremendous amount of material, can hardly be called "bandwidth wasters."
These are intelligent people who know C, and I for one learn a lot from
reading their articles.  I don't know where they find the time to offer
so much free & useful information, but I'm glad they do.

There are other postings, however, that I certainly could do without.
These would include pointless, gigantic lists of statistical information
that have nothing to do with C.

Tim Meighan
SilentRadio

"Press ENTER to exit."

scott@bbxsda.UUCP (Scott Amspoker) (09/26/89)

In article <1161@srhqla.SR.COM> tcm@srhqla.SR.COM (Tim Meighan) writes:
 >Er, it seems the folks at the top of your list, while they do post a
 >tremendous amount of material, can hardly be called "bandwidth wasters."
 >These are intelligent people who know C, and I for one learn a lot from
 >reading their articles.  I don't know where they find the time to offer
 >so much free & useful information, but I'm glad they do.

They sit in their offices on usenet for hours on end while their
bosses scream at them. :-)

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM