[comp.lang.c] uninitialised pointers

karl_auer_%7801.801@fidogate.fido.oz (1) (09/27/89)

Original to: all
While I can see why you might want to check the value of a (possibly NULL)
pointer returned by some function or other, I cannot see why anyone would ever
want to check a pointer that was non initialised either explicitly or by a call
to a function.
This isn't a flame - I would really like to know why someone might need to do
this..
However, I am a great believer in the principle that nothing should be
forbidden unless there is good and sensible reason to forbid it - which is
probably why I like C so much!
Regards, K.

--- Qtach2 v1.04 U4
 * Origin: Aust. QNX Users Group (+61-62-514589 9am-5pm AEST) (3:7801/801)