[comp.lang.c] DES C source

bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Bryan D. Nehl F88) (09/29/89)

This is in summary to my recent request for DES C source code.

Sites where you may obtain des source include:

uunet.uu.net	cd comp.sources.unix	volumes 7, 10, 18
flash.bellcore.com	cd /pub/ka9q/	net_des.arc

Also you may want to contact: Jim Gillogly  jim%blaise@rand.org
the source he sent me compiled fine with no changes.
/* his source should be on the net somewhere */

The book "Numerical Recipes in C" was also suggested.

I hope this information helps some of you out.

Bryan.

|     Big Bad Bear Beasties Inc.    |   Bryan Nehl	           |
|     kodiak@ksuvm.ksu.edu          |   bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu	   |
|--- ...!{rutgers|texbell}!ksuvax1!phobos.cis.ksu.edu!bdn   -------|

jim@randvax.UUCP (Jim Gillogly) (09/29/89)

In article <0xeb2@deimos.cis.ksu.edu> bdn@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Bryan D. Nehl F88) writes:

>Sites where you may obtain des source include:
>
>uunet.uu.net	cd comp.sources.unix	volumes 7, 10, 18
>flash.bellcore.com	cd /pub/ka9q/	net_des.arc
>
>Also you may want to contact: Jim Gillogly  jim%blaise@rand.org
>the source he sent me compiled fine with no changes.
>/* his source should be on the net somewhere */

The DES code that I developed and that Richard Outerbridge wrote interfaces
for was used as the basis of the ka9q network DES, so the version that I
sent to Bryan is superseded by ka9q's version.  We released it to the public
domain several years ago.  It will probably be used in a future Berkeley
release.

I also recommend the code submitted to comp.sources.unix by Antti Louko
of Finland (I don't know which of the above references it is) because
it's obviously not covered by US export laws.