[comp.lang.c] LINPACK available in C?

dhale@csm9a.UUCP (Dave Hale) (10/03/89)

Does anyone know of a C version of LINPACK?
I recently converted SGECO, SGEFA, and SGESL, but I suspect that the
entire package has been converted elsewhere, perhaps even at one
of the national labs.

I know I can call the FORTRAN LINPACK routines from C.
I just don't want to pay for a FORTRAN compiler and mix
languages unless I really have to.
--
Dave Hale    dhale@csm9a.colorado.edu    (303) 273-3408
Department of Geophysics, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO   80401

spee@qmfl.jrdc.go.jp (Paul SPEE) (10/06/89)

In article <1920@csm9a.UUCP> dhale@csm9a.UUCP (Dave Hale) writes:
>Does anyone know of a C version of LINPACK?
>I recently converted SGECO, SGEFA, and SGESL, but I suspect that the
>entire package has been converted elsewhere, perhaps even at one
>of the national labs.

A large amount of mathematical software is available from either
netlib@anl-mcs (Argonne National Lab) or research!netlib (AT&T Bell Labs).

To get the software, you have to send the request to the netlib server.
In case of Linpack, send the request

	send index from linpack			(table of contents)
or
	send 'routine name' from linpack

I don't know whether a C version of Linpack is available. (They have
a C version of the Linpack benchmark).

To find out more about netlib, please read,

Jack C. Dongarra and Eric Grosse, "Distribution of Mathematical Software
via Electronic Mail", CACM, May 1987, Vol. 30, Number 3

 _______________________________________________ ______________________
|                                               |                      |
|   Research Development Corporation of Japan   |      __ |   | __     |
|   Quantum Magneto Flux Logic Project          |     |__| _|_ |__|    |
|   Computer Architecture Group                 |     |__| _|_ |__|    |
|   c/o Mitsui Zosen System Research            |     |   |_|_|   |    |
|       5-6-4, Tsukiji, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan   |     |   |_|_|   |    |
|   Tel. 03-546-7587, Fax. 03-546-7588          |     |    /|\    |    |
|   spee%jrdc.go.jp@RELAY.CS.NET                |     |   / | \   |    |

#include <disclaimer.h>