[comp.lang.c] Borland's TURBO-C for the ATARI-ST...Exists???

kar7481@cuphub.cup.edu (Dan Karbowsky;AtariEliteOfPghPa bbs412-384-5609) (10/14/89)

Does anyone know of the existence in the US of "Turbo-C" from Borland
                    ***  FOR  THE  ATARI-ST  *** ???
I've heard rumors of it in West Germany, but nothing concrete!
Any Info. would be much appreciated!

Thanx.
 | Dan Karbowsky      kar7481@pitt!cuphub /   S U P P O R T  T H E  S T ! ! !  |
 | 102 Lee Drive      ___________________/Call the ATARI ELITE of PITTSBURGH'S |
 | Belle Vernon, PA  / BBS (Forem-ST,fnet node 19)  at (412) 384-5609 at 300   |
 | 15012   U.S.A.   / thru 19.2k baud 24 hrs./day 7-days/week   Mention this   |
 |	           / message at logon.  note:SYS-PASSWORD for login= BESTBBS   |

ge@kunivv1.sci.kun.nl (Ge' Weijers) (10/20/89)

kar7481@cuphub.cup.edu (Dan Karbowsky;AtariEliteOfPghPa bbs412-384-5609) writes:

>Does anyone know of the existence in the US of "Turbo-C" from Borland
>                    ***  FOR  THE  ATARI-ST  *** ???
>I've heard rumors of it in West Germany, but nothing concrete!
>Any Info. would be much appreciated!

Yes it does. Only a German-language manual exists, though.
If your German is up to it it's a great product compared to the rest.
It is sold by the representative of Borland in the BRD, Heimsoeth.
They're reputable, and they announce updates to registered customers
abroad.

Turbo-C is the fastest-compiling system for the ST, can be run from a single
floppy system+RAM disk (using a shoe-horn), has an online manual, produces
good code (in the same league as GNU C) quickly, assembler optional,
source debugger announced for early next year. Only Megamax Laser-C is easier
to use and faster, but it's not ANSI-compatible (yet?). Oh, yes: builtin
make (only for C and assembler files), editor, etc. PLUS: it is one of the
cheapest around here. I paid around DM 250,- on a fair, normal prices are
higher, but $200,- should do it from the US.

Their address:

Heimsoeth software GmbH & Co Produktions-
und Vertriebs-KG
Lindwurmstrasse 88
D 8000 Muenchen 2

Tel.  089-720100 (strip the 0 and add int'l access code+country code)
Fax.  089-779339
Telex 5212637mcmd
Ge' Weijers                                    Internet/UUCP: ge@cs.kun.nl
Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science,   (uunet.uu.net!cs.kun.nl!ge)
University of Nijmegen, Toernooiveld 1
6525 ED Nijmegen, the Netherlands              tel. +3180612483 (UTC-2)