[comp.lang.c] C Source Code Analyzer

baalke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Ron Baalke) (11/04/89)

I am looking for a C source code analyzer (either public domain, sharware or
commercial product) that will take in C code and provide:

   -tree charts
   -dataflow analysis
   -function prototypes
   -function flow charts

If you know of any such program that does all this, then please email me.

 Ron Baalke                       |    (818) 541-2341 x260
 Jet Propulsion Lab  M/S 301-355  |    baalke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov
 4800 Oak Grove Dr.               |
 Pasadena, CA 91109               |

william.pipher@canremote.uucp (WILLIAM PIPHER) (11/14/89)

To: ALL
In article <2111@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> baalke@mars.jpl.nasa.gov (Ron
Baalke) writes:
>I am looking for a C source code analyzer (either public domain,
>sharware or commercial product) that will take in C code and provide:
>
>   -tree charts
>   -dataflow analysis
>   -function prototypes
>   -function flow charts

The following is from a 'What's New' BYTE Sept. 89 p. 64 (it's not
really new - I've seen their ads for years):

                           ***

'After spending all your time putting the finishing touches on a C
program, the last thing you want to do is document the code.

"CLEAR+ FOR C" is a program that does this for you.  "CLEAR+ FOR
C" reads your source code and automatically generates a system tree
chart, function flowchart, formatted source listing, function
cros-references, and  prototype files.  The tree chart ... shows
structure up to 8 levels [of nesting functions].*  "CLEAR+ FOR C"
runs on the IBM PC with dos 2.0 or higher, and Herc, or CGA, EGA,
VGA, graphics.

Price:    $199.95

Contact:   Clear Software Inc.  637 Washington St. Suite 105,
           Brookline MA 02146    (617)232-4720. '

                              ***

* [my comments]

Disclaimer:  I have no personal knowledge of this company nor their
             products.
---
 ~ DeLuxe 1.11a12 #3744  Email to: william.pipher@canremote.uucp