[comp.lang.c] Writing a text editor in TURBO C - need help - puttext

rchao@well.UUCP (Robert Chao) (11/18/89)

I am writing a C program which is going to have a simple text editor
like you'd see in SideKick, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as
how to write the code? I am using Turbo C with its video features
such as puttext(). I want the thing to have simple word wrapping when
you insert text, and very basic cursor movements. My main decision
is what kind of data structures to use - just the big array used
by puttext()K
?

Thanks

R. Chao

lwh@harpsichord.cis.ohio-state.edu (Loyde W Hales) (11/21/89)

In article <14609@well.UUCP> rchao@well.UUCP (Robert Chao) writes:

>I am writing a C program which is going to have a simple text editor
>like you'd see in SideKick, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as
>how to write the code? I am using Turbo C with its video features
>such as puttext(). I want the thing to have simple word wrapping when
>you insert text, and very basic cursor movements. My main decision
>is what kind of data structures to use - just the big array used
>by puttext()K

I don't want to comment on ``best'' or ``better'' solution, but I will give
you one avenue to explore.  If you need a specialized editor that you want to
look ``Turbo-ish,'' you can actually license the turbo skeleton for their
editors.  This might same you mucho time.

Contact Borland for details.

Disclaimer:

	I neither work for Borland nor am in any way connected to Borland.
	The Ohio State University is not connect to Borland.
	I make no claims/guarentees, direct or implied.
	etc.

-=-

Loyde W. Hales, II                      The Ohio State University
lwh@cis.ohio-state.edu          2036 Neil Avenue Mall, Columbus, Ohio  43201