[comp.lang.c] "Standard C" by Plauger/Brodie

martin@mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) (12/11/89)

In article <1311@islay.tcom.stc.co.uk> tony@htc1.UUCP (Tony Oliver) writes:
[some lines deleted]
>I have a copy of the book "Standard C" by P. J. Plauger & Jim Brodie, 1989;
>(Microsoft Press, Programmer's Quick Reference Series, ISBN 1-55615-158-6).
[rest deleted]

Just received a copy myself. (For us in europe it seems to be easier
to get hands on this book, than on a copy of the standard document :-().
I'd recommend, that *everyone* would read the sections in this
book before posting questions in this newsgroup! This book is very
affordable (about $10), clarifies syntax using railroad track diagrams
rather than formal notation, contains more diagrams, tables and
examples where necessary and seems very authorative.

Martin Weitzel