[comp.lang.c] 'comp.pronounce.d'

martin@mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) (12/19/89)

In article <343@charyb.COM> dan@charyb.UUCP (Dan Mick) writes:
>In article <285@wsl.UUCP> john@wsl.ie (John Allen on wsl) writes:
[about sillyness of discussing pronounciations]
>Agreed.  Why can't we stop this?

Create a discussion group for this and redirect all followups?
--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin@mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83

jeffs@ka.excelan.com (Jeff Seideman) (12/21/89)

>In article <560@mwtech.UUCP> martin@mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel) writes:
>>In article <343@charyb.COM> dan@charyb.UUCP (Dan Mick) writes:
>>>In article <285@wsl.UUCP> john@wsl.ie (John Allen on wsl) writes:
>>[about sillyness of discussing pronounciations]
>>>Agreed.  Why can't we stop this?
>>
>>Create a discussion group for this and redirect all followups?
How do you pronounce #redirect "followups"
|  ...like a fool I mixed them,          |       Jeff Seideman             |
|  and it strangled up my mind           |                                 |
|  now people just get uglier            |       jeffs@excelan.com         |
|  and I have no sense of time...        |                                 |

martin@mwtech.uucp@canremote.uucp (martin@mwtech.UUCP) (12/21/89)

From: martin@mwtech.UUCP (Martin Weitzel)
Subj: 'comp.pronounce.d' (Re: How Do You Pronounce "#define"?)
Orga: MIKROS Systemware, Darmstadt/W-Germany

In article <343@charyb.COM> dan@charyb.UUCP (Dan Mick) writes:
>In article <285@wsl.UUCP> john@wsl.ie (John Allen on wsl) writes:
[about sillyness of discussing pronounciations]
>Agreed.  Why can't we stop this?

Create a discussion group for this and redirect all followups?
--
Martin Weitzel, email: martin@mwtech.UUCP, voice: 49-(0)6151-6 56 83

---
 * Via MaSNet/HST96/HST144/V32 - UN C Language
 * Via Usenet Newsgroup comp.lang.c

shirriff@sprite.berkeley.edu (Ken Shirriff) (01/04/90)

I gather that I just missed a large discussion on pronunciation of C
terms.  Can someone send me a summary of this discussion?
My father is going to be teaching a high school introductory
C class and wants to know the "accepted" pronunciations, so I'm
calling on the accumulated wisdom of the net.
Any other suggestions for teaching an introductory C class (such
as good books) would also be appreciated.

Ken Shirriff	shirriff@sprite.Berkeley.EDU