[comp.lang.c] Pascal_to_C Translator?

reid@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard J. Reid) (01/12/90)

Is there a PD translator from Pascal to C?

Yes, there would be some difficulties with nested functions,
parameterless procedures and functions, and maybe a few
other constructs, but the apparent success of the
AT&T FORTRAN_to_C translator encourages me to ask.

Thanks--I'll summarize to the net, if anything appears,

Dick

wvenable@spam.ua.oz (Bill Venables) (01/12/90)

In article <5989@cps3xx.UUCP> reid@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard J. Reid) writes:
> Is there a PD translator from Pascal to C?

	There are at least two. The most recent one I know of, `p2c', was
	written are released by Dave Gillespie, daveg@csvax.caltech.edu.
	It must be in the US archives somewhere, probably in many places.
	I have used it and it produces quite readable and maintaniable
	C code.

>  ... the apparent success of the
> AT&T FORTRAN_to_C translator encourages me to ask.

	Is the current status of this translator known?  Is it to be
	released into the public domain? If so, will it be soon?

--
  Bill Venables, Dept. Statistics,        | Email:   wvenable@spam.ua.oz.au
  Univ. of Adelaide,  South Australia.    | Phone:           +61 8 228 5418

fredex@cg-atla.UUCP (Fred Smith) (01/12/90)

In article <5989@cps3xx.UUCP> reid@cpswh.cps.msu.edu (Dr Richard J. Reid) writes:
>Is there a PD translator from Pascal to C?
>
>Dick

There is a Turbo Pascal to C converter that is (was??) distributed for free
by MIcrosoft (I think it was actually from Glockenspiel) 2-3 years ago. I do
not know if they are still providing it or not.  However, there is something
on simtel20 that appears to be just that package it is in:

   pd:<msdos.c>t2c.arc, and is 152264 bytes in length.

Fred