[comp.lang.c] GNU CC on a Convergent miniframe

mark@Jhereg.Minnetech.MN.ORG (Mark H. Colburn) (02/02/90)

In article <7378@wpi.wpi.edu> profesor@wpi.wpi.edu (Matthew E Cross) writes:
>I am trying to install gcc on a convergent mini (still!), and now that I added
>a drive and actually have room for it, I ran into another problem: the c
>pre-processor built into the box only recognizes the first eight characters
>in #defines! Anybody got any suggestions, besides going through all the source
>code and changing all the #define'd things?

What number is the Convergent Miniframe? (S/680?)  I am running
GCC-1.36 on a Convergent S/80 and it appears to work ok, but I have
version 6.2 of the operating system as well, so I have Flexnames built
into the C compiler.

One thing you may wish to do would be to get a copy of the Emacs
distribution and try using the CCP that is distributed there.  It maps
>8 character names to unique, but unreadable, <= 8 character names.
Might be something to try.  If you would like the configuration
information that I have for the S/80, let me know, and I will send it
to you...

--
Mark H. Colburn                       mark@Minnetech.MN.ORG
Open Systems Architects, Inc.