[comp.lang.c] Balanced Binary Search Trees

prodigy@quiche (Chris ALPAUGH) (02/05/90)

I'm trying to implement several functions in C, to deal with Red/Black
balanced binary search trees. (ie. insert, delete, member, etc).  Has anybody
out there in net-land done this sort of thing before?  Any ideas, algorithms,
or references to books that deal with Red/Black trees would be *greatly*
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Alpaugh

reply to: prodigy@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca

emb978@leah.Albany.Edu (Eric M. Boehm) (02/05/90)

In article <2106@calvin.cs.mcgill.ca>, prodigy@quiche (Chris ALPAUGH) writes:
> I'm trying to implement several functions in C, to deal with Red/Black
> balanced binary search trees. (ie. insert, delete, member, etc).  Has anybody

I tried responding by mail, but the mail was undeliverable despite two
attempts using different methods.

I wrote a program using red/black trees. I obtained the algorithms and
code from Algorithms by Robert Sedgewick. The code was originally
written in PASCAL but I had no problem converting it to C. If you want,
I could send you a copy of the code.

If you know a way for me to get mail to you, let me know. I am looking
into it at my end.

--
Eric M. Boehm
EMB978@leah.Albany.EDU