[comp.lang.c] Is cc for AT+T Unix pre-ansi?

jessea@dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) (02/16/90)

I was wondering if the compiler that comes with AT+T Unix SysV/386
ver. 3.2 adheres to the ansi specifications?  I recently got a program
and tried to compile it and had some problems.  I was told that the
compiler was pre-ansi.  If this is so, is there anyway for me to
correct this situation?  Suggestions?  Thanx in advance.

--
Jesse W. Asher - Dynasys - (901)382-1705
6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38134

friedl@mtndew.UUCP (Steve Friedl) (02/18/90)

In article <42@dynasys.UUCP>, jessea@dynasys.UUCP (Jesse W. Asher) writes:
> I was wondering if the compiler that comes with AT+T Unix SysV/386
> ver. 3.2 adheres to the ansi specifications?  I recently got a program
> and tried to compile it and had some problems.  I was told that the
> compiler was pre-ansi.  If this is so, is there anyway for me to
> correct this situation?  Suggestions?  Thanx in advance.

None of AT&T's commercially-available C compilers are ANSI compliant.
C Issue 5, which will be available for the 3B2 and the 386 with System
V Release 4.0 will have it, and there are rumors that a Sys V Rel 3
version >might< happen too.

     Steve

--
Stephen J. Friedl, KA8CMY / Software Consultant / Tustin, CA / 3B2-kind-of-guy
+1 714 544 6561 voice   /   friedl@vsi.com   /   {uunet,attmail}!mtndew!friedl

"Winning the Balridge Quality Award is as easy as falling off a horse." - me