[comp.lang.c] Mouse Programming under AT&T System V R3.2

root@revere.UUCP (Admin) (02/09/90)

Does anyone know how to use the header file 'mouse.h' under AT&T System V
R3.2????  I can't get anybody on AT&T's Hotline nor in their TIER-IV Group
to tell me how to make the proper ioctl calls.  So far everyone claims
that they don't know because the port was done "outside" the company,
i.e.: Microsoft, Interactive, Phoenix Technologies, and SCO.

I'm trying to do a port of the X11-R4 server and would like some info.

					Eugene E. Galarneau
					uunet!sharkey!teemc!revere!eeg

fmcgee@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~) (02/13/90)

In article <112@revere.UUCP> root@revere.UUCP (Admin) writes:
>Does anyone know how to use the header file 'mouse.h' under AT&T System V
>R3.2????  I can't get anybody on AT&T's Hotline nor in their TIER-IV Group
>to tell me how to make the proper ioctl calls.  So far everyone claims
>that they don't know because the port was done "outside" the company,
>i.e.: Microsoft, Interactive, Phoenix Technologies, and SCO.

Well.....

If you have the AT&T Mouse Utilities Version 2.1 (the "latest
and greatest") there's a man page in the package that's
supposed to go in section 7 of the Sysadmin Reference that
tells you all about the programatic interface for the mouse.
If you email a fax number, I'll fax it to you.

You can get the mouse manager by ordering COMCODE 105725865.

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Entry Level Systems Support

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (02/19/90)

In article <112@revere.UUCP> root@revere.UUCP (Admin) writes:
>Does anyone know how to use the header file 'mouse.h' under AT&T System V
>R3.2????  I can't get anybody on AT&T's Hotline nor in their TIER-IV Group
>to tell me how to make the proper ioctl calls.

This reminds me of my favorite AT&T-Sys/V-6386 Mouse complaint.  It
seems that FACE would be easier to use if it worked with a mouse.  No
one yet, however, has told me how this might be done.  I'll bet the
mouse works with X and Open Look!

--
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet           cgh!paul@manta.pha.pa.us