[comp.lang.c] What is it?

cjoslyn@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) (02/16/90)

In class, when I say "every X has a type, value, scope, extent, and
linkage", what is X? I'd say "data object" but "object" has been taken.
"Object or lvalue" isn't workable.  What about "data thing", "piece of
data"?
--
O------------------------------------------------------------------------->
| Cliff Joslyn, Cybernetician at Large, cjoslyn@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu
| Systems Science, SUNY Binghamton, Box 1070, Binghamton NY 13901, USA
V All the world is biscuit shaped. . .

In article <3022@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu> cjoslyn@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (Cliff Joslyn) writes:

>In class, when I say "every X has a type, value, scope, extent, and
>linkage", what is X? I'd say "data object" but "object" has been taken.
>"Object or lvalue" isn't workable.  What about "data thing", "piece of
>data"?

Identifier.

				--Blair
				  "En den identifiim, end im too,
				   en dose two ova dare, en dat guy,
				   en den, identifime..."

frankw@hpcvra.CV.HP.COM (Frank Wales) (02/20/90)

In some article Cliff Joslyn (cjoslyn@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu) writes:

>In class, when I say "every X has a type, value, scope, extent, and
>linkage", what is X? I'd say "data object" but "object" has been taken.
>"Object or lvalue" isn't workable.  What about "data thing", "piece of
>data"?

Datum?
--
Frank Wales, Guest of HP Corvallis,  [frank@zen.co.uk || frankw@hpcvra.hp.com]
Zengrange Ltd., Greenfield Rd., LEEDS, England, LS9 8DB. (+44) 532 489048 x217