[net.sf-lovers] CLASSIC F&SF

arpauser@LL.ARPA (09/29/83)

  Some of the works that I feel are considered to be both "classic" and
  either fantasy or science fiction are :

         We :                           Yvgeny Zamyatin
         1984 :                         George Orwell
         Fahrenheit 451 :               Ray Bradbury
         Brave New World :              Aldous Huxley
         The Time Machine :             H.G. Wells
         Slaughterhouse 5 :             Kurt Vonnegut
         A Clockwork Orange :           Anthony Burgess
         Waters of the Wondrous Isles : William Morris
         A Connecticut Yankee in
          King Arthur's Court :         Mark Twain

  In addition, I would also consider the following works to be fantasy:

         The Tempest,
         A Midsummer Night's Dream :    William Shakespeare
         Faust :                        Goethe

  Food for thought, anyway.
                                                  Joe Baldassini
                                                  (PL95 @ LL.ARPA)