[comp.lang.c] screen control packages

john_andrews@f707.n712.fido.oz (John Andrews) (03/05/90)

I would like some information about screen control packages for use with
Turbo C . I would like to purchase a package that will allow window control
and extended functions for use at home on my own projects. At work I have
been using an Australian package called "CSCAPE" that looks like it will
fill the bill. Friends have recommended another package called "CXL"
available from some of the boards. They all look good to me at this
point,but has anybody any first hand experiences with these or similar
packages. If so I would appreciate any thoughts on the topic. BYE !

--- RemoteAccess 0.03/b-1
 * Origin: EAGLE ONE BBS < RemoteAccess Beta - Multi-line > (3:712/707)

msau@wpi.wpi.edu (Matt Saucier) (03/10/90)

>  Friends have recommended another package called "CXL"

The company I work for does some computer consulting/custom programming for
several other companies, and most of the programs are designed to be used by
people with little or no computer experiance.  All of the programs were written
using CXL.  IMHO, CXL is the best BAR-NONE.  The greatist thing is the fact
that it is shareware - something like $30-$40 WITH COMPLETE SOURCE!  Even
though companies can usually afford more than that out of petty cash, it's
better than the $200 and up packages I've used.

--
Internet: msau@wpi.wpi.edu     \\  Koyannisqatsi: n.  1. crazy life  2. life in
  BITNET: msau@wpi.bitnet        \\  turmoil  3. life disintegrating  4. life