[comp.lang.c] Micro-language issues

mjl@cs.rit.edu (03/11/90)

In article <8616@sybase.sybase.com> hamish@sybase.com.(Just Another Deckchair on the Titanic) writes:
>Perhaps the focus was on language insecurites *because* we can't solve
>the bigger problems - and because it's the easier target?

Hmm -- and interesting point, and one that's crossed my mind from time
to time.  It's the software game's variant of the "Common Council Syndrome":
City Common Council's will blithely pass an appropriation for many millions
of dollars to fix some problem, and then spend hours arguing over smoking
in public places or whether dog owners should carry pooper-scoopers when
taking their pets for a walk.  The reason is that it's hard to understand
with any specificity multi-million dollar appropriations, but everyone
has feels they are an expert on smoking and dog doo.  Maybe this is just
a limitation of being human??

Direct responses to alt.philosopy :-)

Mike Lutz
Mike Lutz	Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY
UUCP:		{rutgers,cornell}!rochester!rit!mjl
INTERNET:	mjl@csrit.edu