[net.sf-lovers] Author Needed

maggie2@iwsl1.UUCP (Marguerite Czajka) (09/28/83)

I have been trying for a long time to remember the titles
or author of some books I read when quite young.  All I could
remember was that it had to do with a planet that depended on
sulphur and the name Tycho (I could only think of Brahe and I
knew that wasn't it).  Someone mentioned the Tycho Bass series
recently in this newsgroup - and that rang a bell!  Does anyone
know the titles or author of these books??

                          Marguerite Czajka
			  ihnp4!iwsl1!maggie2

jimp@teklabs.UUCP (09/29/83)

>	From: maggie2@iwsl1.UUCP
>	Newsgroups: net.sf-lovers
>	Subject: Author Needed
>
>	I have been trying for a long time to remember the titles
>	or author of some books I read when quite young.  All I could
>	remember was that it had to do with a planet that depended on
>	sulphur and the name Tycho (I could only think of Brahe and I
>	knew that wasn't it).  Someone mentioned the Tycho Bass series
>	recently in this newsgroup - and that rang a bell!  Does anyone
>	know the titles or author of these books??
>
>				  Marguerite Czajka
>				  ihnp4!iwsl1!maggie2

The books you refer to are the "Mushroom Planet" Series, by Eleanor
Cameron.  The first book is entitled "The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom
Planet", and the second is entitled "The Stowaway to the Mushroom Planet".
There are other books, but I don't know the titles.

Tycho Bass is the mysterious professor/inventor who advertises in the paper
for a spaceship hull to which he later adds a propulsion unit.  The respondents
to this ad are our protagonists, Chuck and David.

This is a wonderful series, and I hope to acquire copies of each of the
books someday.

		-- Jim Prouty

uucp:		{ucbvax,decvax,pur-ee,ihnss,chico}!teklabs!jimp
CSnet:		jimp@tek
ARPAnet:	jimp.tek@rand-relay