[comp.lang.c] Help finding CLIPS?

georgec@marque.mu.edu (03/26/90)

A friend writes:

I need some help in locating some public domain software.
It's called CLIPS and is apparently put out by a company
called COSMIC.  As I understand it, CLIPS is a C Language
Interpreter for LISP (as near as I can tell, it translates
LISP to C).

If anyone can give pointers or has experience with this
program, please respond by e-mail to
barcio@cs.niu.edu  (Joe Barcio)

Thanks in advance.
George Corliss, Marquette University, georgec@marque.mu.edu

drezac@dcsc.dla.mil (Duane L. Rezac) (03/27/90)

From article <9703@marque.mu.edu>, by georgec@marque.mu.edu:
> A friend writes:
>
> I need some help in locating some public domain software.
> It's called CLIPS and is apparently put out by a company
> called COSMIC.  As I understand it, CLIPS is a C Language
> Interpreter for LISP (as near as I can tell, it translates
> LISP to C).
>
> If anyone can give pointers or has experience with this
> program, please respond by e-mail to
> barcio@cs.niu.edu  (Joe Barcio)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> George Corliss, Marquette University, georgec@marque.mu.edu

CLIPS is an artificial intellegence shell written in C by NASA.
It is *NOT* public domain.  It is available free from NASI for use
by government agencies or their contractors, but a fee is charged
for other users. The older versions were available for approx $300.
You can get more information on CLIPS from:

	COSMIC
	382 E Broad St
	Athens, GA 30603
	(404)-542-3265

Duane L. Rezac

--
Verse of the Hour:
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not