[comp.lang.c] Big C projects

martini@heaven7.UUCP (Martin P. Ibert) (05/01/90)

In <9011@pt.cs.cmu.edu>, flc@n.sp.cs.cmu.edu (Fred Christianson) writes:
[paraphrasing someone else, the editot ate the name seconds ago :-)
>Use a production quality compiler, not a toy.  On DOS platforms Microsoft C
>has been the least problematic compiler.

HA! If you value what you do, think again. I am doomed to use MSC, and its
"gallic curse" *) errors (&"&@\ contact Microsoft technical support) nearly
drove me nuts. That was MSC 5.1, not any long-bygone version.

As an aside: Ever used MS Fortran ver. 1.x? Never? Praise the lord!

Martin

*) For Asterix lovers. Else substitute "tty line noise"

--
    __*__     | Martin P Ibert, Westendallee 100d, D-1000 Berlin 19, Germany
----|   |---- | Domain: martini@heaven7.uucp or martini%heaven7@zelator.uucp