[comp.lang.c] Curses library on Univ V 3.1

rshwake@irscscm (Ray Shwake) (05/01/90)

In article <90115.143514SHANLEY@MAINE.BITNET> SHANLEY@MAINE.BITNET writes:
>Problem:   I programmed some c code using the curses library under
>           Unix V 3.0 and the c language that come with that Unix ver.
>           This code did some highlighting on a terminal.
>
>           I upgraded to Unix V 3.1.
>
>           When I re-comply my old c code under the new os, I lose my
>           highlighting.
>
>           Old c code compiled under unix V 3.0 highlights just fine
>           under the new os.

I ran into a similar problem with an upgrade last year (I believe to the
SCO Xenix 2.3 SDS). It involved a redefinition of the window attribute
set command, wattrset, which was redefined in the curses.h or tinfo.h file
to something like:

	#define wattrset w32attrset

Like you, some highlighting in one particular application disappeared. I
corrected it in the appropriate source file by undefining the define:

Perhaps someone can expound on the otherwise undocumented changes that took
place in curses.