[comp.lang.c] too many defines ???

emm@iczer-1.UUCP (Edward M. Markowski) (05/03/90)

In article <203@cti1.UUCP> kmeek@cti1.UUCP (Meek) writes:
>Anyone ever got the error
>
>: too much defining
>
>in their C programs???
>

>I am working on an AT&T 3B2/600 running Unix Sys V 3.2.2  version 4.2 of C

When I was working at an ATT var we had a 3B2/600 running some version
of UNIX that was pre 3.2.2, but I can't rember how far back it was. We
had the same STUPID bug in our C-Preprocessor. We tried to get help from
the ATT Hotline, That was a BIG waste of time on our part, they gave us
the standard answer ATT solution to a UNIX problem: Re-install UNIX. We
gave them the benifit of the boubt once, it did not help. The solution
we came up with was to break up the header and source files so we would
have less defining in each smaller file. About a month before I left the
company I rember something about a fix in the System V 3.2.2 upgrade.

My advice to you: Call the hotline. The first tier probally will not help.
                  We only really got help from tier 4, the only way to
                  get to them is to get a secret problem number from tier
                  3. The only way to get to tier 3 is through tier 2, I
                  think the hotline techs are tier 2.

--
Edward M. Markowski -- iczer-1 Administrator

                              ...the garage is flooded from the sprinkler.
                              It also left a man's decapitated body,
VOICE : (201) 478-6052        lying on the floor next to his own severed head.
UUCP : ..!uunet!iczer-1!emm   A head which at this time has no name.