[comp.lang.c] How to open more than 20 files in QC?

dan@kfw.COM (Dan Mick) (05/02/90)

In article <1990May1.174637.22221@Octopus.COM> stever@octopus.UUCP (Steve Resnick ) writes:
>In article <-529908261@cpl-mfh.UUCP> feuer@cpl-mfh.UUCP (Steven Feuerstein) writes:
>>I need to open more than 20 files at the same time in Microsoft QC.
>>My config.sys file has FILES=99 in it.
>>
>>Is there a way to get around this limit.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>What version of DOS are you using? If you are using < 3.30 you cannot open
>more than 20 files. This is a DOS limitation and no matter what config.sys
>says you cannot get around it...

Wrong, *and* not a subject for comp.lang.c...this is *very* OS-specific.

beoneel@well.sf.ca.us (Bruce O'Neel) (05/04/90)

So, if I have FILES=99 in my config.sys file, and I'm running DOS 3.3 or
higher,
than I can open 99 files in QC?  Or do I have to play with a header file?
Thanks!!!

bruce