[comp.lang.c] another argument for comp.lang.c.{msdos,unix}

brnstnd@stealth.acf.nyu.edu (05/08/90)

In article <1990May5.070317.11503@agate.berkeley.edu> raymond@math.berkeley.edu writes:
> The Frequently Asked Questions file project has died due to lack of interest.
> The number of contributions to the file can be counted on the noses on my face.

Which is to me a very strong signal that the MS-DOS (and UNIX) questions
aren't a small, fixed set that can be answered in a short FAQ. In other
words, comp.lang.c.msdos and comp.lang.c.unix aren't totally off base.

comp.lang.c -> comp.lang.c.misc is probably sensible but I see it as a
separate issue. Hopefully (hmph) the rule ``A crosspost to comp.lang.c
and comp.lang.c.msdos should be to msdos alone'' in the monthly posting
will prevent most of the problem.

> My apologies for wasting your time.

Not at all. Followups to news.groups.

---Dan