[comp.lang.c] help with printing graphics using Turbo c on the pc

tomr@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Rickey Thomas Tom) (07/02/90)

From: tomr@maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca (Rickey Thomas Tom)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm
Subject: graphics and c on the pc
Expires:
I wrote a program in Turbo C version 2 that displays CGA level graphics on
the screen. Using the program graphics.exe supplied by DOS ver 3.3, I can
get the graphics printed out on a cheap Rolland PR1011 using a screen dump
facility of DOS (Shift Print Screen). However, the same procedures do not
work on the more expensive printers such as the NEC P2200, or an a laser
printer.  Therefore, an alternative is to write a program that read
video memory (at EGA or CGA) level and print out the contents of each pixel.

My question is, is that right ??.  Does anyone know of a program that does
this or where I can get such a program. I'm sure they must exist in some
public domain group.  It must work on a Samsug machine hooked up to a laser
printer.

Any reply that is sent to the above address would be greatly appreciated!!